Visitor

Error running Demo on ZedBoard ALI3 Display Controller Tutorial

I am trying to run the demo co-simulation in the document titled "ZedBoard ALI3 Display Controller Tutorial - 14.6 - 20130905" by JTAG Mode.

I got the error messge "ERROR : Failed to write Touch Controller"

I can not solve the problem

Could any body help me!!

regards

chshin

Re: Error running Demo on ZedBoard ALI3 Display Controller Tutorial

I have the same problem as well but I have narrowed down the error to the point where the program attempts to send 2 bytes of data using IIC. Specifically at the final few lines of the program. I'm not sure what exactly it is writing to, I can only guess that it's writing something to the ALI3 sharp interface or the LCD interface, but I'm not sure what it is trying to trigger with the final write.

Re: Error running calibration on Zed Touch Display

[ Edited ]

First launch & attempt. touch the screen and no response.

See attached image, has follow guide and video.

Youtube video

Guide

BAD MAGIC WORD, No Calibration Data found in Flash 0x4402C000
No Valid Calibration Data Found in Flash
I2C Touch Controller Initialization ...
ERROR : Failed to write Touch Controller

zedboard_touch.PNG
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Hi Folks,

I came across discmon's cross-post to ZedBoard.org forums:  

http://www.microzed.org/content/7-zed-touch-display-kit

Sorry to hear that you guys are having problems getting your kits up and running.  If one of you have some time to work through this with me, I would like to take this offline and try to narrow this down to whether it is a handling issue (improperly packed in shipping box), whether there is some sort of mechanical design problem (plastic backing breaking components off), or perhaps some other problem on this kit.  Let me know in a response to one of these threads and I will PM you with my contact info.

Regards,

-Kevin

Visitor

Hi Kevin,

I have just received my Touch display and I'm having the same issue. If you want to work through resolving this please drop me a line.

James

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Hi James,

The Quick Start demo code for the Zed Touch Display was recently updated to Vivado 2014.4 and support added for the Clicktouch controller along with the Getting Started Guide which can be downloaded from our MicroZed community site:

http://microzed.org/support/documentation/1668

Please download these latest versions and see if that resolves the error.

Regards,

-Kevin

Visitor

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for that, I have installed the latest demo software and no longer get this issue. I have sent on of the touch display units back though already and I have just received a new one. The new one seems to be ok however, the demo software once calibrated doesnt seem to be that accurate and is always about 1cm away from my finger. When trying the LED lights this does not work at all due to the offset. 

I have also noticed that when touching the display sometimes a random black dot will appear nowhere near where I touch it. Is the demo software not reliable enough for calibration? Or do think there is a problem with the touch PCAP?

On a different note, is there any documentation about the interface to the PMOD to use the screen, apart form the getting started guid and demo software there doesnt appear to be any other instructions on how to communicate with it?

Thanks

James