Help with 7-inch WVGA toshiba display kit

I am trying to interface the 7-inch WVGA Toshiba display kit (AES-TOSH7LCD-G) with the blackfin BF518F FMC Devolpment Kit. Is there source code that will link these together?

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Help with 7-inch WVGA toshiba display kit

Hi,

This kit isn't released quite yet.  There is some code available, but from a 3rd party partner.  I've private-messaged you to help you further.

John

Avnet Employee

JohnW wrote:

Hi,

This kit isn't released quite yet.  There is some code available, but from a 3rd party partner.  I've private-messaged you to help you further.

John

Hi John,

One of my customer is trying to use the AES-TOSH7LCD-G with TI EVM based on TMS320DM365 (TMDXEVM365). Does he need extra interface board to connect? And Could you provide related software to connect both boards?

Shaka

Highlighted
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Shaka,

The 7" WVGA kit does need a board to interface to the DM365 DVEVM.  We offer one here:

http://www.em.avnet.com/dm355-365aib

That board, along with the display kit, offer a seamless display connection to the DM365 DVEVM.

In order to get the software, go to the link above and at the bottom of the page click "Support Files and Downloads".  There are Linux patches for the display and touchscreen controller, as well as documentation.

Keep in mind, that most DM365 DVEVMs will need to have their CPLD reprogrammed in order to support the touchscreen.  There is code and instructions for this as well.

All the best,

John