Touch display kit on linux using other repository

I have been looking at the tutorial for the zedboard 7 inch touch display kit for setting it up on ubuntu.

I'm currently trying to set up the 7 inch touch display kit using the git repository from analog devices because I require support from some of their drivers as well. 

As such, is it possible to furnish clear instructions on what files there needs to be for the display kit to work as well as the configurations necessary for the display kit to work.

Regards

Highlighted
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Touch display kit on linux using other repository

Hi discmon,

In the future, please refer to ZedBoard.org Community Forums for all questions regarding ZedBoard.

The "Display Panel Ubuntu Tutorial for ZedBoard" on the Reference Designs/Tutorials page for the Zed Display Kit covers adding support for the display to a 3.6 Linux kernel using a patch.

http://www.zedboard.org/design/1668/13

There are currently no instructions on which kernel source files to modify as this would likely vary depending upon which version of the kernel you are building.  Your best bet is to use the patch file to locate the sections of code within the kernel source which require additions/modifications to support this panel.

Regards,

-Kevin