Visitor

LCD touch screen development kit trashed

I purchased a Renesas YLCDRSK2378S LCD touch screen development kit last week.  The kit includes a H8S/2378 processor board and a 5.7" color QVGA LCD with touch screen.

The demo software worked fine when powered up.  I attempted to download one of the other demo code files and the unit stopped working.  I re-read the instructions and discovered some errors in my previous attempts to download the demo file.  When I corrected those errors and attempted to download the original demo file again, I was able to proceed farther in the download process, but it still failed to complete the download and the screen is still dark.  The download messages are as shown below.  The Kernel Error Response error looks particularly ominous.  Apparently I deleted or wrote over some critical code.  I am a software novice and just want to create some simple demo screens.

What do I need to do to get back to the original configuration?

Processing file :"C:\Program Files\Renesas\Hew\System\pg\Renesas\RLCD2378\projects\Sample Code\Sample Downloads\RLCD2378Demo.mot"

Operation on User Flash

Loaded the Write operation module

Writing image to device... [0x00000000 - 0x000001FF]

Error No 16170: Kernel Error Response: 0xd0 0x11

Operation failed

Avnet Employee

Re: LCD touch screen development kit trashed

Peter,

Are you using code from the included CD or did you download updated code / utilities from the web?

There is a "LifeLine" document on the Renesas web site to assist new kit owners:

http://america.renesas.com/media/products/tools/introductory_evaluation_tools/renesas_starter_kits/y...

Visitor

I did the code upgrade before I started using HEW or FDT.

Avnet Employee

Ok, sounds like the serial loader may be corrupted, I'm researching if there is a way to restore it without an E10A debugger. You mentioned that you made errors when you tried to download, can you give me any insight to what those errors were?

Visitor

I initially tried to follow the "5.0 FDT QuickStart" paragraph in the QuickStart Guide.  I had failed to set up the HEW LCDDemo project so the "user/data area" did not appear. This no doubt explains why the attempted download did not work.  I got communication errors.  

I then went back and set up the HEW project per paragraph 4.0, steps 1 through 6.  I again tried to follow the paragraph 5.0 instructions.  Now there are no communications errors, but the Kernel Error appears.  Evidently I blew out the kernel when I tried the download without the project being set up.