Visitor

AVNET DVI I/O FMC demo used on KC705

Hi,

I am using the Avnet DVI I/O FMC module from AVNET with xilinx KC705 board, and I also use this demo(see the attachement), the FMC_DVI_Pass_Through_Demo, I found it does not work after I replaced the buffer and ODDR2 which does not exist in Kintex7. would you please help me to solve this problem? Perhaps it is the problems of picoblaze.

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: AVNET DVI I/O FMC demo used on KC705

Please share your project files ... the first step to resolve the issue is to reproduce it ...

Regards,

Mario.

Visitor

Well, I tried, and regenerated the bit file, and also I replaced the elements which does not exist in Kintex 7, upgrade the ucf file, and generated a new bit file to program the FPGA, while it still does not work, here is my verilog file. And... How to share the project files?

Avnet Employee (Super Contributor)

Try using the 'archive' function in the Xilinx ISE tools in order to zip up all of the required files to reproduce your case.  Be sure to indicate the version of ISE being used.

Visitor

Sorry...the attachment is my current project file using Achive function, And My ISE is 13.4. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

I openned your project with 13.4, and see two things wrong with this project:

1) The top level source file has the _sp605.vhd suffix.

Is this the top level source file for the SP605 board ?  the file name certainly suggested that it is.

If this really is the source file for your KC705 project, PLEASE rename it to the _kc705.vhd suffix

2) The project does not have any UCF file, which means that the pins are being allocated anywhere

Look at the .PAD report to verify if the pin allocations are correct ... they are not

Regards,

Mario.

FMC_pass_through_demo_project_hierarchy.JPG
Visitor

Well, I figured it out myself, it is because of the IO standard voltage level, I used 1.8v while the DVI I/O FMC board works on 2.5V. Anyway, Thanks very much.

And, would you please give me some materials about the RGB and the vsync and hsync wave form of the FMC board? Thanks very much.