Visitor

Vita Pass-through and HDMI Display tutorials also working on ZedBoard with Vivado 2013.4

Thanks for preparing the Vivado tutorials for us in the first place, Mario!

Similarly, the VITA Pass-through and HDMI Display tutorials can be made to work with Vivado 2013.4 and the Zedboard with these changes:

0) For the VITA Pass-through, make sure to get a hardware evaluation license for the Defective Pixel Correction (v_spc) core from Xilinx (http://www.xilinx.com/products/intellectual-property/EF-DI-DEF-PIX-CORR.htm). This wasn't included with my evaluation license for the Xilinx Video and Image Processing Pack. (Also note that this core is no longer included in Vivado 2014.1 :-( )

1) Edit scripts/fmc_imageon_hdmio_rgb.tcl and change the v_tc version from 6.0 to 6.1:

set v_tc_0 [ create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:v_tc:6.1 v_tc_0 ]

2) Edit code/fmc_imageon_vita_passthrough/video_generator.c and code/fmc_imageon_hdmi_display/video_generator.c and change the following two lines:

XVtc_Disable(pVtc, XVTC_EN_GENERATOR);

to

XVtc_DisableGenerator(pVtc);

XVtc_Enable(pVtc, XVTC_EN_GENERATOR);

to

XVtc_EnableGenerator(pVtc);

Regular Visitor

Re: Vita Pass-through and HDMI Display tutorials also working on ZedBoard with Vivado 2013.4

[ Edited ]

Hi,

really great help these changes to run the examples for vivado 2013.4.

I am trying to design a system that reads from the VITA Sensor and then store the frames in external DDR3 memory , applying some processing and then project it on the screen.  I have tried  based on the tutorials Vita Pass-through and HDMI Display  to Add a  AXI-VDMA IP  ,for write and read operations, but it seems that port mapping i am doing is wrong.

Do you have any tutorial or any guidelines for a system like this?

Thank you

Re: Vita Pass-through and HDMI Display tutorials also working on ZedBoard with Vivado 2013.4

Hi Mario,

I was able to get passthrough working but having trouble with HDMI display controller Tutorial.  I am using 2013.4 and got the project to build successfully, but cannot get anything to display on the monitor.  Console seems to be printing what it should.

When can i start or when could i have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Pre

Highlighted

ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cores for which bitstream gen

hello,
l’m using vivado 2013.3
I’m trying to doing the VITA pass-through on zedboard, but when I generate a bitstream I’ve get the problem listed at the end of this message ( I’ve an evaluation license for video and image processing),but in the IPs status, the v-spc have a design linking status, we know that the v-spc is discontuned for the other versions of vivado, but is enabled to used in vivado 2013,3
The error message :

INFO: [Project 1-484] Checkpoint was created with build 329390
read_checkpoint: Time (s): cpu = 00:01:06 ; elapsed = 00:02:22 . Memory (MB): peak = 939.977 ; gain = 757.891
INFO: [Common 17-347] Attempting to get a license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xc7z020'
INFO: [Common 17-349] Got license for feature 'Implementation' and/or device 'xc7z020'
INFO: [Common 17-83] Releasing license: Implementation
ERROR: [Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cores for which bitstream generation is not supported: v_spc

while executing
"write_bitstream -force tutorial_wrapper.bit "
INFO: [Common 17-206] Exiting Vivado at Thu Mar 30 13:28:23 2017...

What is the problem here? Could you please help me.

Best regards,

MASSOUD SAIF EDDINE

Regular Visitor

Re: FMC-IMAGEON IP Cores and Tutorials for Vivado 2013.3

Hi Mario,

I've tried to run the BOOT.bin from FMC_IMAGEON_EDK_Reference_Design_Tutorial_14_2_20120907\FMC_IMAGEON\EDK\zed_fmc_imageon_getting_started_bin\sd_content.  When i entered command video vita in the  Tera Term, the HDMI video output was displaying everything from the vita camera in green colour except the light that was displayed in pink colour.  Attached is the sample picture from the HDMI output. Please help.

Thanks

Wira

HDMI_output_captured_from_VITA_camera.jpg
Regular Visitor

At last, I found the solution myself.

Regular Visitor

Did you fix the problem?