Regular Visitor

FMC connector with Zynq702 board

Hello All,

Do you have any reference design for ISMNET FMC connector connected with Zynq 702 board? I tried to connect the FMC board with 702 but I couldn't bring the board up. Can you help me ?

Regards

Vinod

Avnet Employee (Super Contributor)

Re: FMC connector with Zynq702 board

We don't have any reference designs using the ISMNET FMC with Zynq yet.  This is on the roadmap for use with the ZedBoard.  What are you using the ISMNET FMC for?  Are you using any industrial networking protocols, or standard Ethernet?

--
Tom Curran
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am trying to use Industrial Networking Protocols, with Zynq Board.

As a start for that, I tried to connect axi_Ethernet_lite MAC with ISMNET PHY. But the Xilinx defaults application for (peripherals tests from SDK) is not able to detect PHY. Using chipscope I am able to see the signals on the MDC/MDIO pins.

I feel that there is some power/jumper settings getting wrong on either ISMNET or Zynq 702 board.

Here I am attaching my ucf for your reference. Can you give some tips to approach this issue ?

Regards

Vinod

Hi vinodpa,

I have the same issue.

I want to communicate the Zynq-7000 ZC702 with EtherNet/IP industrial protocol.

Do you have any solution now?

regards

luis

Avnet Employee (Super Contributor)

Check to make sure the Ethernet PHY on the ISMNET FMC module is not held in a power down state.  Add a port for the PHY PWRDN_N signal to top-level HDL file and tie it to vcc.  You may need to apply a synthesis keep attribute to keep this signal from being trimmed during implementation.  You will also need to add a LOC constraint for this signal to the UCF file similar to the following:

Net ISMNET_Ethernet_PHY_pwrdn_n_pin LOC = xxx | TIG; //FMC1_LA17_N_CC (J2 ISMNET Ethernet connector)

--Tom

--
Tom Curran
Regular Visitor

Hi narrucmot

I saw your comment regarding reference design for FMC ISMNET with ZYNQ and wanted to ask, if you have anything available yet.

Thank you,

Juergen

Regular Visitor

Hi 

Any update on reference design on using FMC-ISMNET card with zedboard

Thanks

Visitor

Yes, I am also using the Zynq ZC702 board and I would love to have a reference design to incorporate the two Ethernet PHYs on your Avnet ISM Networking FMC Module.  

Is there anything available now?

Thanks,

Roby 

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I'm still looking for an answer on this question, and was hoping someone from Avnet would reply with an answer.  It's very frustrating to have a board like the Avnet FMS ISMNET board with no reference design for the Zynq ZC-702, and no help even with an example device tree (.dts) file that might work.

Now, I did happen to come across an example device tree file for the ZED board that is supposed to work with the Avnet ISM card.

As part of internet karma, I'm going to attach that file here with the hope that someone will find use of the ZED board file and perhaps have an example .dts file that will work with the Zynq ZC-702?

Anyway, here it is.  The file is called "zynq_zed_pl_ethernet.zip" and it contains the .dts file.  I hope it helps someone.  Again, I did not try it, nor do I claim any success because I do not have a ZED board, but I was told it was supposed to work with a ZED board and the Avnet ISM dual ethernet card.

Good luck,

Roby

Highlighted

Hi,

Even I am looking for a solution. It would be great if some light is thrown on this ASAP.

Thanks,

Phani Kiran Kara