7A50T board UART problem

I am trying to follow the quickstart guide for the 7A50T board. I installed the UART driver from the link on the quickstart guide. It says it was sucessful and shows up under device manager. When I configure realterm to use this port with the 115200 8 bits 1 stop bit no parity settings mentioned in the quickstart guide I am unable to see any sucessful transmission when pushing switch 8. Also realterm is indicating that there is a "break" condition.

Any suggestions on how to get the UART to USB working for the demo on 7A50T eval board would be much appreicated

Avnet Employee (Super Contributor)

Re: 7A50T board UART problem

Simple question but perhaps very inportant.  What bit file is loaded into the FPGA?  You need to insure that you have a design loaded that has a UART in it.

Nick

Nick Hartl
XDFAE
Visitor

yes need to insure have a design and loaded that it does has a UAR yes ur correct .

The Artix-7 50T FPGA Evaluation Kit, designed by Avnet, is a completely customizable development kit perfect for embedded designers looking for a flexible, low-power platform. The Artix-7 50T FPGA evaluation board is a complete system, packaging all the necessary functions and interfaces needed for an embedded processor system onto a small footprint. 

1.  Install USB UART Drivers (CP210x)
  2. set boot mode to QSPI
  3. connect JP1 on IO Carrier Card
  4. connect the power
  5. start the Tera term and set the parameters...

Just do the above process..Problem is going to be resolved

Highlighted

Hello Dear,

yes, need to ensure have a design and loaded that it does have a UAR yes ur correct.

Thanks & Regards

live nettv|redbox tv

I have checked these web links maybe some kind of problem I think you should try this - Live Net TV, RedBox Tv APK.

Firstly, let me know what bit file have you loaded into the FPGA. Also, you’ll have to make sure that the design that has been loaded has UART in it.

Regards,

live nettv

[ Edited ]

Enjoy TV channels from halfway around with the app Live Net TV. With more then eighty live channels, it's an great way to watch TV from many different countries.

Avnet Employee

[ Edited ]

Who is responsible from clearing SPAM from the forum?  Any post with the word "TV" in this thread is SPAM.

Nick Hartl