Visitor

BD-MMP-7Z100-G-REV-C . Memory Test Failure

Hello

Last year we have ordered 25 pcs AES-MMP-7Z100 from Avnet , and designed a adapter ( base on Mini Plus Base Board II , please find the schematic in the attachment ) to get ADC data and some controls , Everythings worked fine in the beginning ( 25/25 Board ) , but after a few hour testing 7/25 FPGA boards were failure .

we used file zynq_mmp_embedded_design_7z100_v2015_2.zip as a reference design and do the re-test  following the instruction .

The testing platform include: Mini module plus baseboard 2, Panasonic power module and MMP-7Z100 board

But almost were not passed   : ps7_ddr check ( Memory Test  check )   ( 05 pcs)

And 02 module were not stable : when we did the Echo Server Test , it ran only in a few minutes then interrupted ( could not ping .....)

We dont know what is exactly the problem ( where it come from ) , all our test are under same condition .

Please help us to verify the schematic ( any mistake or recommendation ...)

We just order 18 pcs new more , but we are not sure to start the test now .

Look forward to hear from you .

(P/S : in the schematic the P1 is connected to ADC board ( LVCMOS ) , P2 is connected to DDS board (LVCMOS ) , P20 is connnected to IO board ( 5V / 0V  ) , and RS232 )

Best Regards

Le Hoan

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: BD-MMP-7Z100-G-REV-C . Memory Test Failure

Would you please take a look at all Zynq MMP voltage rails on the failed boards and let us know if you see any voltage out of range.

Also, please let me know if the DDR3 devices on the failed MMP are Micron devices or from another manufacturer.

Visitor

All of DDR3 are from Kingston .

Did you have a chance to take a look at the Zynq MMP voltage rails on the failed MMPs?

We've had issues with the Kingston DDR3 on this MMP in the past. Are all the MMP's with the Kingston memory failing? Do you have any MMP with Kingston memory passing consistantly?

Visitor

We are working on it and will let you know thr result soon.

BR

Le Hoan
Visitor

Last 2 year ago , we also use the same MMP board for the same application ( 8 pcs ) without any problem , I am very sure the DDR3 are not from Kingston ( there is no Kingston label on top of RAM)
Visitor

Hello npoureh

For the measurement ZynQ voltages rail . We can only measure at the I/O ports ( which connect to other board ) and the power supply input . All the I/O voltage are in range (0V or 3.3 V if the ZynQ can boot and config the I/O port - because right now some board could not boot any more ) . And also the power supply are OK ( 1.8V , 2.5V , 1.5V , 3.3V ..)

There is only one thing here : The DDR3 applied 1.5V  . But in the datasheet of DDR3 from Kington , it is compability with both 1.35 and 1.5V .

Today we took one new board ( we just order 18 boards some week ago) and start the test on Base board 2 (this is the first test) , and the memory test could not pass again ( Please find in the attachment) . We are so concern about this issue . Could you please help and advise the solution how to fix or should we return some board to Avnet for analysic ?

Best Regards

Le Hoan

Please work with your local Avnet office to send the new board with failed DDR3 back to us for analysis. I need you to send us the complete set, the MMP, MMP Baseboard 2, Power Supply Module, and the 12V power supply.

Visitor

Dear

We have ordered these boards (new board) direct from US , I tried to contact to International Sale Team to get the support but there is no answer up to now (email International2@avnet.com ) . Could you please advise how to contact to support team from Avnet ? Do you have the office in VietNam ?

Thanks

Best Regards