IP_Flow failed to set configurable element (ILA, FMC150, Kintex-7)

Hi,

We recently got a Kintex-7 with a KC705 dev board and an FMC150 DSP chip - it came with Vivado 2012.3, so that's what I'm using. I'm having trouble synthesizing the reference design that I downloaded (I made sure to get the version matched for Vivado 2012.3). Specifically, I'm encountering a bunch of "critical warnings" of the form

• [IP_Flow 19-1827] Failed to set configurable element value 'MODELPARAM_VALUE.C_PROBE<n>_WIDTH'.  
  • [IP_Flow 19-197] Failed to set configurable element 'MODELPARAM_VALUE.C_PROBE<n>_WIDTH' to value '16'.

where <n> is a number. (When I synthesize, I get a huge stack of these errors, one for each value of <n> between 0 and 1023.) This corresponds to something to do with the ILA IP block, because C_PROBE0, C_PROBE1, etc. are inputs to the ILA, but I can't figure out what might be going wrong. Does anyone here have thoughts?

Thanks.

Re: IP_Flow failed to set configurable element (ILA, FMC150, Kintex-7)

thanks on your quick reaction.

attached you can locate the instance from my first publish (with a.vhd and b.vhd as separate components). adding my_ip_block.vhd, a.vhd and b.vhd to a venture after which packaging via "tools" -> "Create and package New IP..." ends in the caution warning: [IP_Flow 19-3833] Unreferenced record from the top module isn't packaged: '/b.vhd'. The packaged IP does no longer include b.vhd

can you recommend an elegant workaround within the intervening time for 2017.x? thank you in advance.

Also see this

Highlighted

Re: IP_Flow failed to set configurable element (ILA, FMC150, Kintex-7)

This looks to be an issue with hierarchy engine in 2017.x when the hierarchy is based on generics passed to generate statement. Could you please share the design to debug this further.?

Regards

Garageband for Windows