Visitor

Interface Card

Hi,

Is there any card from avnet which has ALL of following interfaces

1.SMA

2. EXP (FULL EXP slot)

3. AMC,HSMC or FMC (anyone)

4. P160 or P240 (anyone)

Also, please suggest some interface boards which are near to above requirement.

Thanks and Regards

RCG

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Interface Card

You've listed several generations of expansion systems below -- P160, P240, EXP, FMC.  Each of this systems superseded the previous system, so I don't think you will find any host boards with more than 1 of these.  An EXP-to-P160 adapter card was created, so if you wanted access to at least 2 of the systems, you should look for a board with EXP.  If it were me, I'd be most interested in the latest boards and adapter cards, so I would look for a board with FMC and forget about the legacy systems.

To recommend a board, we need to know much more about what you intend on doing with the board.  Are you looking for Spartan or Virtex?  What application?  If you can give us some idea of complexity and speed, then we can make a recommendation.

Given the limited information, I'd likely recommend the Avnet Spartan-6 LX150T Development board -- www.em.avnet.com/spartan6lx150t-dev

Bryan

Visitor

Hi,

Thing is i am looking at the FMC connector and EXP compatability. Few of existing avnet boards are EXP based and few of xilinx boards are FMC connector based.

My question is 1. can a ADC (analog devices ADC) built for EXP format can work with FMC connection ().  can you please explain the major difference in FMC and EXP format. are they compatible.

2. Many of ADCs come with JESD204A standard. Is this JESD204a connection compatible with EXP Format. 

Thanks

RCGwoda

Modern network interface controllers offer advanced features such as interrupt and DMA interfaces to the host processors, support for multiple receive and transmit queues, partitioning into multiple logical interfaces, and on-controller network traffic processing such as the TCP offload engine. LiteBlue

Your requirement is a little broad. Try some Avent EXP series board (FYI: I don't think you can find everything in one)