Kintex Ultrascale DSP FPGA kit - unable to build reference design, TEMAC license

Hello,

We purchased the Kintex UltraScale FPGA DSP Development Kit (kcu105) with the Analog Devices' JESD204B AD-FMCDAQ2-EBZ FMC card (http://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/design/drc/Pages/Xilinx-Kintex-UltraScale-FPGA-DSP-Development-Kit-wit...

The pre-built reference design ran fine. When trying to rebuild the design myself to understand how it works, it fails to generate a bitstream because the license for the Tri Mode Ethernet MAC (v9.0) is DESIGN_LINKING. If I start a new design, select my board, and add IP associated with my board, I can choose the AXI 1G/2.5G Ethernet Subsystem which uses the Tri Mode Ethernet MAC and I have the same problem.

[Common 17-69] Command failed: This design contains one or more cells for which bitstream generation is not permitted:
i_system_wrapper/system_i/axi_ethernet/inst/eth_mac/inst/bd_0_eth_mac_0_core (tri_mode_ethernet_mac_v9_0)

According to the documentation provided with the board, and Analog Devices, I should be able to build the design, which makes sense to me. I am somewhat confused about all the various licenses and perhaps I failed to set that up correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'd really like to get the reference design generated and running on the board before I begin trying to understand and modify for my needs.

Thanks and let me know if there is more information I can provide.

~Jeff

Vivado 2015.2.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Avnet Employee

Re: Kintex Ultrascale DSP FPGA kit - unable to build reference design, TEMAC license

Hi Jeff,

The JESD IP License is included with the kit and you should have a voucher for that. The Tri-Mode Ethernet IP requires a separate license which is not included with the Kit. You can generate an evaluation license which will allow you to generate a bitstream. The design will run for a while before it times out. I think the eval license is good for 30 days at which point you would have to buy the IP. Contact your Avnet sales person for pricing.

Click on the link on this page to get to the licensing site. Once on the licensing site, click on the button for "No charge or evaluation licenses"

Hopefully this will get you going.

-Dieter