Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Virtex 5 Mini Module - USB Interface Host/Peripheral

If a USB MAC is not connected to the PHY (no data transfer is being performed), I don't expect the PHY DIR signal to chnage state regardless of connecting it to a PC or a USB stick.

Visitor

Hi Nasser

Could you please provide with an example where a signal change can be monitored?(Some other test that I can perform)

Otherwise, could you please elaborate more on the "USB MAC"?

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

A USB example design (called Embedded Example Design) is posted on our web site at www.em.avnet.com/virtex5mini. Once on this page, click on "Support Files & Downloads" to get to the download page (you need user ID and password to access, if you don't simply register to get access).

Highlighted
Visitor

Hi Nasser

Thanks for your help so far.

- The link that you've provided points to Virtex-4 Mini Module. It's okay because I've already navigated to the Virtex-5 Mini Module Plus and downloaded all available material (Using the same credentials that are also required for this forum).

- Based on the Virtex-5 Mini Module Plus, ISP1504A1 is used. I'm not sure where USB3300 is used.

- The PPC Embedded Design implements a USB Mass Storage like behavior. I'll try to combine EDK with ChipScope.