Regular Visitor

Network development kit version

Dears,

i successfully use your SpartanDavinci board. I use your version of Network Develoment kit which I downloaded from your support pages (file avnet_s3adsp_dm6437_1_07). What version of NDK is it? I tried to update NDK to version 2.0 from Texass pages and it doesnt work. Compilation is successfull but after run the program I can see error mes.: "NO PHY DETECTED" in debug window. So i think only your modified NDK, works with this board? Isnt it?

thanks

VS

Re: Network development kit version

In the NDK that comes with Avnet Board support package, only the HAL-level modifications are performed to get the Ethernet driver working. Specifically, we modified the following file:

\avnet_s3adsp_dm6437_1_07\ndk\packages\ti\ndk\lib\hal\evmdm6437\hal_userled_dm6437.lib

I did not test NDK 2.00 with Avnet board yet but if you use the Ethernet driver above with NDK 2.0, it should just work.

By the way, the NDK version shipped within Avnet board support package is 1.93. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks for quick replay.

The new verison of NDK is very important for me. Beacuse version <2.00 has evaluation function that reset ethernet stack after 24h. New version doesnt. And then second reason is jumbo packet support.

Should you test NDK 2.00.00 and CCS3.3 and DSP/BIOS v.5.31.02 with your board? Is it possible to send me the result of this test?

thank you

Regular Visitor

Hello,

I try to compile my project with new NDK version 2.00 for two weeks. Still same problem - NO PHY DETECTED. 

>I did not test NDK 2.00 with Avnet board yet but if you use the Ethernet driver above with NDK 2.0, it should just work

If you try to test your board and NDK 2.00 it will be very usefull for me. I really need new version beacuse older  is restarted after 24h. And this function is not acceptable.

Can you test standard NDK helloworld example with NDK 2.00?

thanks a lot

VS

Visitor

Does the Davinci allow in system programming of the application that runs on Flash via an ethernet connection? I guess JTAG is what does it now, but I only have Ethernet exposed to the world in my application, and reprogramming the configuration file in flash would be very very beneficial.

paul.steinke@swri.org

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Have you looked at the "Programming the DSP BPI Flash" reference design on the Avnet DRC ?

Go to www.em.avnet.com/spartan3adsp-davinci, and click on the "Support Files & Downloads" link

This reference design uses the JTAG or UART to download AVMON.

AVMON uses the ethernet connection to receive the new AIS file and programs it into the BPI Flash memory.

Is this what you are looking for ?

Regards,

Mario.