Regular Visitor

Spartan 3A-DSP Da Vinci Board

Hi you all there

i am a beginer please can someone tell how i can configure and use EMIF interface of DSP for sending datats to FPGA.

To programing the Da Vinci DSP im using Code Composer Studio ver. 5,  till now i have read a lot of documentations from Texas Instrument but it has not helped me, and i dont know which header files i should include to my source code and does Code Composer contain all of them?  :-(

Regards

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Spartan 3A-DSP Da Vinci Board

Hi,

Please start with the following Xilinx application note:

XAPP753 - Interfacing Xilinx FPGAs to TI DSP Platforms Using the EMIF

http://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp753.pdf

If you are looking for an example specific to the Spartan-6/OMAP co-processing board,

download the following reference design from our DRC page:

www.em.avnet.com/spartan6omap

then click on the "Support Files & Downloads" button (requires registration)

then click on the "HDL Designs - FPGA<=>SOM Inter-Communication Interfaces Reference" link

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Mario.

Regular Visitor

Hi

Thanks!

But my problem is that i am using ccs4 and it doesnt contain any csl header file for dm647 DSP , moreover the Registers of EMIF cant be configured through DSP/Bios because this DSP/Bios which comes with ccs4 is quite different than ccs3 . When i try to build my program the compiler retports following errors   "couldnt find the csl.h file , and all the funktions that are  declared and implemented in csl.h file , used by my self  in my programm cannot be recogniged". 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Regards