Regular Visitor

Where can I get some documents?

I just got my Sparton-3A board today and I only find 2 documents with it regarding to software installation and hardware setups.

Where can I find more documents such as board specification, schedmatic, user or develpement guide?

Thanks in advance

sp

Avnet Employee (Regular Contributor)

Re: Where can I get some documents?

The latest documentation for the S3A400 and all Avnet boards can be found online at the Design Resource Center:

http://em.avnet.com/drc

To navigate to the S3A400 board link, from this page:

1. Click "Download support files"

2. Click "Xilinx"

3. Under "Spartan" click "Xilinx Spartan 3A Evaluation Kit"

You will find app notes, reference designs, schematics and other material specific to the S3A400 board on this page. 

Would it be so hard for AVnet to include these files on a CD with the 3A Eval Kit? I had such a hard time getting started because i was reading the Xilinx quick start guide but kept running into issues because something wasn't configured properly. Or at the very least, put SOMETHING in the package that says to get all the docs online.

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

We have found that posting documents on-line gives us the best opportunity to provide the most up-to-date documentation possible.  We include the attached document in each kit to point customers to the DRC location to get documents.

Bryan

Visitor

Unfortunately, this page is empty ....

Please try again.  I know our server was having issues this week, but I was told today that the problems were resolved.  My particular problems were more prevalent with Firefox rather than IE, so you can also try a different browser.  If it is still an issue, please open a ticket with Avnet's tech support as your login may need the permissions reset.

Sorry for the trouble.

Bryan

Visitor

The Spartan-3A Eval Kit page is no longer available (404). I've been looking for the factory SPI flash image for a while now, it's nowhere to be found.

Hi Witold,

I see that the page is not currently up.  While I investigate this issue, try using the contents of the attached ZIP file.  The download.bit file is the Spartan-3A Eval factory bitstream and the download.mcs is the flash image equivalent which can be programmed via iMPACT.

Please let me know if these work for you.

Regards,

-Kevin

Visitor

Any update on this? Still waiting for the documentation to become available on line...

Highlighted

Hi Mikhail,

Sorry for the trouble in reaching this page via the URL printed on the board, we are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.

In the meantime, can you please try to access the downloads from this link instead (login required).

https://www.em.avnet.com/en-us/design/drc/Pages/SupportAndDownloads.aspx?RelatedId=381

If you don't see what you need on that page, please let me know and we will try to come to a resolution for you.

Regards,

-Kevin