Regular Visitor

Windows 7 Compatability.

Does anyone know if the software for this board will have any problems running on Windows 7/64 bit?

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Windows 7 Compatability.

Our developer took a look at this, and the initial indication is that it should work fine.  Please let us know if it doesn't.

Bryan

Regular Visitor

Actually, the biggest problem appears to be that webpack doesnt work on windows 7/64 bit Smiley Happy

However, it all seems to work fine if i run XP in vmware player

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm using Windows 7 32 Bit.

I installed AvProg but i'm not able to work with it.

After starting the Programm it shows an error: "No ComPorts available".

Also i'm not able to Install the PsoC miniProg Device with the drivers provided with AvProg.

I installed the Programming Tool from Cypress and used their Drivers but the AvProg still wont work.

The Cypress PsoC MiniProg is now installed as USB Device and there is no ComPort which AvProg could use.

[ Edited ]

Hi,
I'm using Windows 7 32 Bit.
I installed AvProg but i'm not able to work with it.
After starting the Programm it shows an error: "No ComPorts available".
Also i'm not able to Install the PsoC miniProg Device with the drivers provided with AvProg.
I installed the Programming Tool from Cypress and used their Drivers but the AvProg still wont work.
The Cypress PsoC MiniProg is now installed as USB Device and there is no ComPort which AvProg could use.

Hoi!

I have the same issue - have you been able to resolve this?

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

The PSoC MiniProg driver comes from PSoC Programmer, not AvProg.   The only driver included within AvProg is the driver for the board itself, once it is plugged into the PC via USB.  You do not need the MiniProg installed unless you plan on changing the PSoC firmware on the board.

AvProg provides two different drivers -- one that is special for Windows XP SP3, and one for everything else, including Windows XP SP2, Vista, and Win7.

Please try plugging in the board via USB to the PC.  Install the driver included in AvProg for Windows XP SP2, Vista.  Then look in Device Manager to see if a virtual COM Port is available for the board.  If you can do this and provide details about your experience, then I can have our developer look at it.  Please provide as much detail as possible.

Regards,

Bryan

Regular Visitor

Hello!

I hope that this forum is still active, I worked with the Spartan 3A Eval for a while, then work pulled me away for a while, now I want to re-start with it, BUT i am having some issues setting the dev environment to work with Windows 7 (Ultimate 64 bit in my case) Here is the story so far:

HW / SW system:

CPU: ADM Athlon 64 Processor 3000+ 2.06
RAM: 3.00 GB

Cypress PSoC: Programmer Version 3.12.0.813 /Driver/ USB Mini Porgrammer (3.4.1.20)

AVNET: Avnet Board Programming Utility v3.4.1 (compatible with Cypress PSoC Firmware v 1.1.0)
  - microBlaze Spansion BPI Server v036 (httP://em.avnet.com/drc)

I installled the new Cypress Programmer package, it detects the PSoC MiniProg fine. I then installed the Avnet Programming Utility, and after fiddling with the port in Device Control, got it to see the board, then things breakdown from here!

1. The utility's UI looks fine, click on connect to COM3, all is fine, then if I click on the BROWSE button to find the file to send to the board the utility app crashes!

2. It also crashes if I attempt to just move the UI app window!

So, my question is: Has anyone successfully installed / used the Avnet software in Windows 7 Ultimate? If so, any advice?

This is a nice eval board (kudos to Avnet's engineers for putting it all together) and I feel its a shame I am not able to use with Windows 7!

Thanks!

Leowise

Visitor

I'm using Windows 7   64bit.  

I have completed the process---- "Please try plugging in the board via USB to the PC.  Install the driver included in AvProg for Windows XP SP2, Vista.  Then look in Device Manager to see if a virtual COM Port is available for the board."

When I install driver it says "device driver is now installed but may not work properly code 10 "

In device manager avnet_sp3a_demo_sp2_vista(COM8) shows up.

When I go to Avprog and try to choose COM8 it exits program with  runtime error '5' . Invalid procedure call or argument. 

I'm not sure what is the problem. 

Visitor

I have installed everything on my Laptop with Windows 7 - 32 Bit Home Premium.

I had to make a few updates: PSoC-Programmer - PSoC itself - now everthing runs fine.

Edgar

Visitor

Anyone know how to co-sim using the system generator with windows 7 and usb cable? thanks.