Visitor

Spartan 6 DSP Development kit arrived without s/w nor docs

After waiting since the beginning of the year I finally received the Spartan 6 DSP development kit. I had been told for many months that it was delayed because the board was a new design and different from the other Avnet spartan 6 boards meant for other applications. Now that it has arrived, it looks like the photos of the other boards. There is a Getting Started Guide in the package which has a newly printed update sheet inserted in it. This sheet says that this kit is supposed to come with and run on ISE version 12.1 and Matlab 2010 instead of ISE 11.3. However, the included DVD is v11, not 12.  Also there is supposed to be an additional CD of the DSP software examples that were developed for this kit. It is missing. There is also supposed to be a complete printed hardware manual explaining how to use this board's connectors and jumpers.. (Again, I had been told that it is different from the Ethernet Connectivity kit.).  None of the missing documentation or software is on this avnet site and when I called avnet, I was told that no one seems to know where it is or how to obiain the necessary missing items.

If anyone else receives ther kit and these items are correctly included, please post or contact me because this $2000 kit is unusable until then.

Regards,

Jeffrey Pawlan

jpawlan@pawlan.com

Highlighted
Avnet Employee
Avnet Employee

Re: Spartan 6 DSP Development kit arrived without s/w nor docs

Jeffrey,

I apologize for all the issues you have had around this kit. The initial DSP kits that shipped had the wrong welcome letter included. This has been corrected and posted to the DRC (www.em.avnet.com/spartan6dsp) site. I've also attached a new copy as well. You should have received an e-mail with your SW license from Xilinx. It sounds like this did not happen. Please send me an e-mail directly with your contact info, where you purchased the kit, and your local address and I'll get this taken care of ASAP.

The example DUC/DDC designs/tutorials are all posted to the DRC site as well. There is no hardware guide since the kit is based off the LX150T platform. You can download the guide for the LX150T kit by going to the LX150T DRC page (www.em.avnet.com/spartan6lx150t-dev).

The current designs are based off of ISE 11.4, which is what the getting Started Guide refers to and what was included on the DVD. We will be updating the designs to a newer release of ISE 12.X in the October time frame.

Again I apologize for the frustration this has caused you and hope that we can get you going without any further delay.

Jim

jim.beneke@avnet.com

Regular Contributor

I have the exact same issues. No SW although xilinx already requested for my info from my provider.

Nikos

Visitor

Hi Jim,

I have the same problem.

I purchased this Kit and it came with the ISE Design Suite 11.1 DVD, but I never got an email from Xilinx. (You should have received an e-mail with your SW license from Xilinx).

I purchased this kit about 3 months ago, and have not been able to use.  I have been busy with other things at work, but now I need to start

Evaluating the kit as a new project depends on understanding the works of this kit.

Here’s some information from the Avnet/Xilinx BOX the kit came in:

Customer PO: P4385

MFG P/N: ADX AES-s6DEV-LX150T_G

ORDER ID: H0509270663

Can you help me?

Regards

Jose

Avnet Employee
Avnet Employee

Jose - We apologize for this inconvenience. We'll track down your order and get a license to you soon. Someone may contact you directly to obtain additional information regarding the order.