Regular Visitor

Board initialization bit file

Hi. All.

I'm testing IVK Board with Image0V module.

In the manual, Board output cam image when Power on,  but my board don't work.

No print character at the console and output cam image.

Downloading "IVK_Camera_Frame_Buffer_Demo\ready for download folder download.bit" file, but still not working.

So, I check EDK Reference Tutorial "Signal to Probe before contacting Technical Support".

I find out FMC Board pin G34 is 0V. (expected to be 2.5V)

How I could solve this problem?

I think it will be worked if the board is downloaded by board initialization bit file.

(I run the "S6LX150T Factory Test Suite\test_S6LX150T.bat"file, but still  FMC Board pin G34 is 0V)

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Board initialization bit file

Pin G34 on the FMC-IMAGEOV FMC module is the active low reset pin for the DVI transmitter (TFP410).

By default, the FPGA will be driving this pin low.  When the MicroBlaze starts executing code, it will eventually release this reset.

If you do not get any output from the serial console, then the MicroBlaze may not be executing at all.

If this is the case, then the FMC modules have not been initialized, and of course G34 will remain 0V.

When you ran the S6LX150T factory test suite, did you get any output from the serial console ?

Regards,

Mario.

Regular Visitor

Thanks. Mario.

You say "By default, Pin G34 is low", is it right?

If it was I wonder how to the "Pin G34" go high?

And I wonder following sentece what is the mean.

"The IVK is shipped with a “Camera Video Processing with Video Frame Buffer” demonstration programmed
into its Xilinx Platform Flash. In order to load this design, simply power-on the IVK." on the Getting Started Guide p37

P.S.

The test menu was viewed at serial console when I ran the S6LX150T factory test suite.

However "fmc1" and" fmc2"(fmc module test) test was failed.

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

In the IVK design, Pin G34 is connected to a GPIO peripheral under control of the MicroBlaze.  The pin will be driven high when the MicroBlaze configures the GPIO peripheral to drive high.

The S6LX150T factory test suite uses the DB9 connector (P3) for the serial port.

It is normal for the FMC1 & FMC2 tests to fail since you need special hardware (which you don't have).

The S6IVK EDK designs use the USB connector (JR1) for the serial port (USB-serial bridge).

When you run the IVK design, are you using the USB-serial connection ?

Did you verify with the hardware device manager to make sure you are specify the correct COM port ?

Regards,

Mario.