Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Camera Frame Buffer Demo migrate to ML 605 board

Hello Antonis

I am doing the same thing by migrate camera frame buffere demo onto the ML605 board. My problem is hanging in the resolution detection part. I tried to download your reference design from your dropbox links but for me it is a dead link. 

Would you please give me a live link or tell me what might be the problem?

Every time it stucks at:

void read_IVK_VIDEO_DET_video_dimensions(Xuint32 BaseAddress, Xuint32 *pWidth, Xuint32 *pHeight )
{
*pWidth = IVK_VIDEO_DET_mReadSlaveReg0(BaseAddress, 0 ); <<------
*pHeight = IVK_VIDEO_DET_mReadSlaveReg1(BaseAddress, 0 );

return;
}

// The function is in ivk_video_detec.c, and the base address would be the base address of the ivk_video_det_v2_01_a perihpral.

Please help.

Aaron

Regular Visitor

Hello Mario,

I'm trying to get the "IVK_Camera_Frame_Buffer_Demo"  design working on a Virtex6 board.

The problem is that the DSP48A1, RAMB8BWER, RAMB16BWER in sysgen cores are not supported in Virtex6 FPGAs.

Unfortunately, i don't have Matlab to modify the pcores.I tried to generate verilog file from ngc netlist then replaced manually each spartan6 cell by its equivalent in Virtex6. But i fear that i made some mistakes.

I saw that you posted an "IVK_Repository_with_V6_pcores.zip"  file in Avnet community forum. I replaced the original IVK_REPOSITORY by the new repository you gave and changed project options to Virtex6. I don't know if i missed some steps, but after generating netlist on XPS, i still get spartan6 cells on my netlist.

Is it possible that you gave the wrong file?

Any help will be apreciated.

Regards,
Nizar

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

The ZIP file contains both s6 and v6 versions of the pcores.

You will need to modify your MHS file (you can edit manually) to replace “_s6_” for “_v6_”

Regards,

Mario.

Regular Visitor

Hello,

I replaced all S6 by V6 on MHS file.No spartan cells anymore in the netlist. 

Then i replaced S6 by V6 in .c and .h files.

Now, when i run the design, the detected resolution on the hyperterminal is 1280X807 and the screen remains black.

If i change the resolution to vga 

(#define CAMERA_RESOLUTION VIDEO_RESOLUTION_VGA

// #define CAMERA_RESOLUTION VIDEO_RESOLUTION_720P)

i get 640X807 on hyperterminal and no video on the screen.

Any idea?

Nizar

Regular Visitor

Hi Mario

As the ivk_repository_with_v6_pcores.zip has been available already. I wonder if now there is successful example of camera frame buffer demo on ml605?

Aaron