Regular Visitor

Camera resolution settings in Spartan-6 FPGA Industrial Video Processing Kit

Hi all

I am working on Avnet Spartan-6 FPGA Industrial Video Processing Kit; I would like to get output with resolution of 160x120 with 10fps. I am using IVK_Camera_Frame_Buffer_Demo, I have seen in the ivk_video_resolution.c regarding the different resolution (please have look at attachment).

I do not understand those parameters. How can I obtain this parameter to get resolution of 160x120 with 10fps or 30fps, if I am in wrong place to change it please let me know

Thanks a lot

Saeed
Capture2.JPG
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Camera resolution settings in Spartan-6 FPGA Industrial Video Processing Kit

Saeed,

In order to change the resolution of the image sensor, you need to change the code in the ivk_camera source files.

You also need to reference the image sensor's datasheet to determine the appropriate values for the register settings.

The values in the pVideoTimingParamValues correspond to standard video monitor resolutions.

The values contain the vertical and horizontal "active video", "front porch", "sync width", "back porch" values for these resolutions.

You can define a custom resolution in this data structure for your own needs.

Regards,

Mario.

Regular Visitor

Re: Camera resolution settings in Spartan-6 FPGA Industrial Video Processing Kit

Hi Dear Mario

Thanks for your reply. I have got just one more question. As they mention in the data sheet that it support VGA (620x480) resolution. How can I change from 720p to VGA?

I mean from which IP I can do this modification as it says in the EDK Reference Design Tutorial (Page 48) that:

“This demonstration supports video capture at 1280x720P @ 30Hz and video playback at 1280x720P @ 60Hz. These resolutions are configured by the embedded processor (MicroBlaze) and can be modified to support other resolutions (limited by the image sensor used).”

I have tried in microblaze but couldn’t open the HDL source to do it.

Best regards

Saeed