Visitor

How to turn on hdmi monitor when using separate two IVK board (called rx board, tx board)

Hi

I used loopback test design to verify hdmi camera and hdmi monitor, it works well on one ivk board and hdmi extension board.

I just modify the loopback logic for one ivk board (called tx board) to transfer hdmi camera.

And there are another one more ivk board (called rx board) takes hdmi camera data and hope to display on hdmi monitor.

But I can't display hdmi image on monitor.

Below is my assume.

When I connect camera & monitor on hdmi extension board in one ivk board, I guess, the picoblaze will take some information from camera & monitor.

So picoblaze will set right value inside TI HDMI chipset with i2c protocol to display image.

But when I use two separate board (rx, tx board), the picoblaze in rx ivk board, can't get information from camera so that picoblaze can't write right value to TI HDMI chip in rx board.

I hope to control picoblaze at rx ivk board to display monitor.

How can I set picoblaze to display?

Or perhaps my assume is not correct so in this case please let me know how to make it out.

Regards

Hyuk

Highlighted
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: How to turn on hdmi monitor when using separate two IVK board (called rx board, tx board)

Hyuk,

Normally, one IVK consists of 3 PCBs:

- Spartan-6 LX150T baseboard

- Dual Image Sensor FMC module

- DVI input/output FMC module

When you refer to a "tx board" and "rx board",

are you referring to two complete IVK hardware setups ?

or

Are you referring to two FMC modules on the same baseboard ?

If yes, do you have two DVI input/output FMC modules ?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming that you have one Spartan-6 LX150T baseboard, with two FMC modules:

Each FMC module has its own I2C chain to control the peripherals.

Therefore, the FPGA design will need two seperate picoblaze modules to control each of the FMC modules.

Regards,

Mario.