Highlighted
Visitor
Accepted Solution

IVK_Camera_Frame_Buffer_Demo_CFA_Tutorial fail compiling provided files for ivk_cg_cfa.h file

Hi all,

Just following the steps mentionned in the EDK Reference Tutorial 12.2 up to page 64, then when I proceed to build project I get:

"Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:88: error: ‘xc_status_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)"

Files:

\IVK_EDK_Demonstrations_12_2_20100921\IVK_CFBuffer_CFA_Demo\Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw\src

Clues?

Thanks in advance

JJ Garcia

__

At Local date and time: Thu Jul 14 16:11:20 2011 make -f system.make Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw_program started...mb-gcc -O2 Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_camera.c Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_camera_menu.c Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_frame_buffer.c Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_iic_diag.c Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_processing_menu.c Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_top.c Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_video_resolution.c  -o Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/executable.elf \ -Wl,-defsym -Wl,_TEXT_START_ADDR=0x17000000 -Wl,-defsym -Wl,_STACK_SIZE=0x1000 -Wl,-defsym -Wl,_HEAP_SIZE=0x400 -mno-xl-soft-mul -mxl-barrel-shift -mxl-pattern-compare -mcpu=v7.30.b   -g    -I./microblaze_0/include/  -ICamera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/  -L./microblaze_0/lib/  \  

Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c: In function ‘ivk_cg_cfa_config’:Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:88: error: ‘xc_status_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:88: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only onceCamera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:88: error: for each function it appears in.)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:88: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘status’Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:89: error: ‘xc_iface_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:89: error: ‘cfa_iface’ undeclared (first use in this function)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:90: error: ‘xc_to_reg_t’ undeclared (first use in this function)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:90: error: ‘cfa_reg’ undeclared (first use in this function)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:95: error: ‘CFA_PLBW_ConfigTable’ undeclared (first use in this function)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:103: error: ‘status’ undeclared (first use in this function)Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/src/ivk_cg_cfa.c:117: error: ‘XC_FAILURE’ undeclared (first use in this function)make: *** [Camera_Frame_Buffer_Sw/executable.elf] Error 1Done!

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: IVK_Camera_Frame_Buffer_Demo_CFA_Tutorial fail compiling provided files for ivk_cg_cfa.h file

J.J.,

In the ivk_cg_cfa.h source file, the code is looking for a pcore named "CG_CFA_S6".

More specifically, it is looking for the following define in the xparameters.h header file : XPAR_CG_CFA_S6_PLBW_NUM_INSTANCES.

Can you confirm what is the name of the CoreGen CFA PCORE that your generated ?

Is it "CG_CFA_S6" ?

If yes, then there should be a "CG_CFA_S6_PLBW" PCORE in your project (ie. the _PLBW gets added automatically).

Another way to check this is to look in the following header file:
   \microblaze_0\include\xparameters.h

Can you see the following content in this header file ?

/* Definitions for driver CG_CFA_S6_PLBW */

#define XPAR_CG_CFA_S6_PLBW_NUM_INSTANCES 1

Regards,

Mario.

Visitor

Re: IVK_Camera_Frame_Buffer_Demo_CFA_Tutorial fail compiling provided files for ivk_cg_cfa.h file

Morning Mario,

First thanks a lot for your quick feedback,

I've a folder name called "v_cfa_v2_0_plbw_v1_00_a", and within a c/h files in the src folder called "v_cfa_v2_0_plbw.h/.C"

I had to change the tmp pathname to have less than 10 chars and I miss the name generating the pcore according the doc. Going to repeat it with the proper name.

Additionally, the other way to check shows (microblaze_0\include\xparameters.h):

/* Definitions for driver V_CFA_V2_0_PLBW */
#define XPAR_V_CFA_V2_0_PLBW_NUM_INSTANCES 1

Going to generate the pcore accordingly, hope that solves the problem,

Thanks for the support,

JJ

Visitor

Worked,

Thanks Mario

JJ

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

JJ,

Excellent !

For the benefit of the community, can you post the file(s) you had to modify to get your project to build ?

Thanks in advance !

Mario.

Visitor

Sure,

I had to modify only from the CFA logiCORE generation and give it the proper name in the Component Name field: "cg_cfa_s6", that's all, then the 'pcores\cg_cfa_s6_plbw_v1_00_a" is created and can be referenced later as you noted within the desgin,

Then, remove the old instance from the design, add the new one for the recently created user core, re-exec the bus links for the new one, and then the bitstream is properly generated and the sw project will build ok.

Finally, command window, c:\xilinx\12.2\ISE_DS\settings64.bat, and then 'get_files.bat' and 'run_demo.bat' did the job under the ready_for_run folder.

Remark that I'm running in a windows 7 host 64 and I had to use the 32 version of Core Generator.

Thanks for your support,

Regards,

JJ