10-29-2010 04:00 AM - edited 10-29-2010 04:00 AM
I'm interested to buy this development kit but I need same info...
Acquiring a video of 640x400 pixels at 60 fps I have to manage a stream of 640 x 400 x 24 bit x 60 fps = 368 Mbit/sec. To send in real time this data stream outside the board (for example towards a PC) is possible to use sata, pci-express, usb or Gigabit Ethernet, right? For some reasons I must use only usb or Gigabit Ethernet interfaces.
Now my questions are:
1) If i use a microblaze processor to manage Gigabit Ethernet implementing an UDP protocoll, can I get the required speed?
2) Without microblaze, is there a VHDL template to implement UDP protocoll using Tri Mode Ethernet MAC core?
3) Using USB are there any VHDL templates?
Thank you in advance
11-08-2010 07:15 AM
Q1) Streaming Video over Gbps ethernet (with MicroBlaze)
Please start with the "S6LX150T Embedded Example Design", available on the Avnet DRC page:
www.em.avnet.com/spartan6lx150t-dev => click the "Support Files & Downloads" button
I do not have any benchmarks for UDP transfers with MicroBlaze
Q2) Streaming Video over Gbps ethernet (without MicroBlaze)
I don't know if there is a VHDL template to implement UDP using the TEMAC.
Have you considerred third-party solutions ?
- GigE for Machine Vision (FEITH Sensor to IMage GmbH)
Q3) Streaming Video over USB
Please take a look at the following Xilinx app note : XAPP997
It describes how to implement two USB example:
- USB mass storage (this example has been ported to the S6-LX150T board, and is available in the "S6LX150T Embedded Example Design")
- Endpoint Read Write (this example has not been ported to the S6-LX150T yet)