Regular Visitor

Reference Design Configuration Fail

Hallo,

I tried the Camera Frame Buffer Demo from the Spartan-6 Industrial Video Processing Kit – EDK Reference Design Tutorial (Ref Pg no: 41) with the SP-6 IVP Kit.

I followed the steps in the tutorial and succeded with no errors, but when i configured the FPGA with the bit file there was no output.

I also tried configuring the Kit with the ready to download BIT file, but still no output.

I have no clue what am i doing wrong. Please help me with this. 

Thank you in advance, 

Swami.

PS:

Tool Version - ISE System Edition - 13.2 with Full node locked License

IP Licence - Evaluation License for 120 Days

Thank you and regards,

Swami.
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Reference Design Configuration Fail

Swami,

The EDK reference designs consist of a bitstream (.bit) and an application (.elf).

The software applications are configured to execute from external DDR3 memory,

so they are not withing the bitstream and must be loaded seperately.

You can use the run_demo.bat batch file to load the bitstream (.bit) and load the application (.elf).

If the batch file does not work, you may need to edit them to add the full path to the impact.exe and xmd.exe binaries.

Regards,

Mario.

Regular Visitor

Re: Reference Design Configuration Fail

Hi Mario,

Thanks for the reply. ya, ur right i missed to execute the .elf file. Now it works fine with the ready for download file.

In case of XPS Development Flow:- 

In Recompile the Software Application (Ref Spartan-6 Industrial Video Processing Kit – EDK Reference Design Tutorial (Pg no: 22)), it says Software => Build All User Applications. I dont find this option in XPS 13.2.

When I tried opening the SDK and building the application i get the following error 

An internal error occurred during: "Launching IVK_Camera_Frame_Buffer_Demo_hw_platform".Path for project must have only one segment.

What's the solution? Thank you.

Swami.

Thank you and regards,

Swami.