Regular Contributor

Spartan-6 Industrial Video Kit PCB Files

Hi,

Is it possible to get the PCB files of the board? We have already purchased the board (we are waiting delivery) and we are building an FMC expansion board for it. Therefore, we need to have the exact dimensions of the board.

Best regards,

Nikolaos Vassiliadis

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Spartan-6 Industrial Video Kit PCB Files

Nikolaos,

The S6-IVK's baseboard implements two standard FMC LPC slots.

All of the mechanical dimensions for the FMC cards and baseboards are provided in the FMC specification. You must either pay to be a member of the VITA organization to obtain the spec or pay a one-time download fee of ~$75 for a copy. You can assess the spec through the VITA web site at http://www.vita.com/fmc.html

Here is some additional information on the two FMC slots of the S6-LX150T baseboard:

- FMC slot #1 can be configured for 2.5V or 3.3V (via a jumper)

- FMC slot #2 only supports 2.5V I/O

The FMC-IMAGEOV and FMC-DVI modules that come with the S6-IVK support both 2.5V and 3.3V I/O since they have on-board voltage level translators.  If you use the schematics for these modules as a reference for your custom module, please be aware of the issues which are documented in the respective hardware user guides.

Regards,

Mario.

Regular Contributor

Hi Mario

Thanks for your reply.

Are the two LPC-FMC Connectors placed in accordance with the double width standard?

Nikos

Highlighted
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Nikolaos,

I just checked with the board designer.

For the Rev.C board, which is the currently shipping production board, the second FMC slot (JX2 connector and associated mounting holes) is off by .5mm.  It needs to shift to the left (connector and mounting holes).  This error won’t affect mounting to any dual connector modules.  The error is small enough that boards can still be connected easily.

This has been fixed in the Rev D board, which will be the next production build.

Regards,

Mario.