Contributor

misbehaving camera?

Hi,

We just got a Xilinx Spartan-6 Industrial Video Processing kit and have the following questions for you

1. Everything seems to be working out of the box except the camera. The image we got from it is very blurry to say the least; no matter we tried to modify the camera’s parameters, the images didn’t even show the profile of the objects the camera is pointed at. Have you had a system with a similar behavior in the past? If so, can you please walk me through the steps I should follow in order to have a fully working setup?
  2. We ran all the test patterns present at the “Camera Menu” and everything seems to be OK at the FPGA end of the configuration. We even tried resetting the camera to the default values but the images that appear once the camera is enabled back are very blurry and objects can’t be identified from it. Can you please provide me with a reference for the settings I should be using for a fully functional camera setup?
  3. We read the documentation from Avnet’s website but couldn’t find much about how the camera should be setup. We even tried running/synthesizing the XPS project without any improvement.

I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Rick

Contributor

Re: misbehaving camera?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

It turned out to be an easy one to solve! Smiley Happy

Voila! We just swap the monitors!

Initially we had a 1920x1080 connected to the DVI output as part of the camera demo setup. The monitor was replaced for one with smaller resolution and everything seems to be working now.

Rick

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Rick,

I am glad you were able to resolve your issue.

I have not run into this issue before, and am puzzled by it.

Can you send me the manufacturer/part number of the monitor that was causing the issue ?

I'm not planning on going out to buy one, but just want to take note of it, in case this pops up again.

Regards,

Mario.

Contributor

Mario, The monitor we initially used was an ACER P235H (23"). We swap it for a Westinghouse LCD (19") device for our second try and it finally worked. Cheers, Rick