Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

Program FPGA from Platform FLASH

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Im just trying to get my LX150T download.bit loaded to FPGA from Platform Flash on Power-UP.

After several tries, I come here to ask for help, as i can't get it work.

The process i have followed is the next 1:

- Generate my download.bit (OK, it's functionality has been previously proved)

- From the impact PROM File Formatter i select both PROM (xcf32p & xcf08p) , (I have tried with No Revision and 1 Revision).

- I select the downdload.bit and generate a cascaded .mcs files (2, one larger for the xcf32p and another smaller for the xcf08p).

- The next step is selecting the MCS files for each PROM memory and their configuration and M0&M1 Jumpers (JP2 pins).

I have tried the next configurations:

• Master SelectMAP: M0 and M1 withouth Jumpers
  • On the PROM programming properties, y check "Load FPGA", "Parallel Mode" and "PROM is Slave. 

• Master SelectMAP: M1 with a Jumper and M0 without it.
  • On the PROM programming properties, y check "Load FPGA", "Parallel Mode" and "PROM is Master (Internal clock of 20MHz). 

The problem is that the Platform Flash gets programmed but when i Power-OFF -> ON the board the FPGA is not configured...

Any guess of what could it be? If you need any file or capture of my configuration, tell me. 

Thanks for your help,

David.

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Program FPGA from Platform FLASH

When generating the PROM file:

1) Select Xilinx Flash/PROM in Step1.

2) In Step2 add the F08 device first followed by F32.

3) Select No Revisioning.

When programming the Flash devices:

1) Set the mode jumpers for Master SelectMap (no jumpers on JP2).

2) Leave the default PROM properties (only the "Erase Before Programming" and the "PROM is Slave, External Clock" boxes should be checked.

3) After programming power cycle the board and allow 20-30 seconds for FPGA configuration.

Regular Visitor

Thank you very much!

My problem was adding the PROMs in the wrong order ( 1st the one of 32Mb, then the small one of 8Mb). The other options were the ones I tried first, but then I tried different configurations.

Solved!

David.

xg
Regular Visitor

Hi,I have meet the same problem with you ,can you tell me how you solve the problem?thanks!

Highlighted

Hi. I have the same problem.
Can U tell me how program two mcs file? I just have xcf32p in JTAG chain.
With regard