Visitor

Where is reference design source code, MAXSPCPARTAN6+S6LX16

I've downloaded "s6lx16_maxim_dac_adc_fmc_edk_12_2.zip" from the Support Files & Downloads page for the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX16 Evaluation Kit.  This zip contains a reference design and demo for using the Spartan-6 board with a Maxim MAXSPCSPARTAN6+ dev kit (DACs and ADCs).  Within this is a demo download.bit that exercises the DACs and ADCs in a loopback.  The guide speaks of using ChipScope to view the loopback capture ADC results:  sine waves.

All the above works.

Now I'm seeking to edit that code somewhat, such as slowing down the sample rate, and regenerating download.bit.  However, my license server isn't up and running yet.  So I can't open and edit and compile yet.  So I'm looking through the folders at the files, trying to find the source code that corresponds to the demo download.bit.  It appears that the source is not provided.  I'm hoping I'm mistaken.  

Do you know where in the folder tree the source for the download.bit file is, that will generate the DAC sine waves out, and most importantly, capture them through ADCs?  

I'm specifically looking for the configuration of the MAX11040.

Thanks very much

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Where is reference design source code, MAXSPCPARTAN6+S6LX16

Did you look at this code?

s6lx16_maxim_dac_adc_fmc_edk_12_2\Maxim_FMC_SW\sp601_VI_demo.c

Bryan

Visitor

Yes, that's it.  It just had a name that made me think it wasn't it, since this is not with an sp601 evel board, but the avnet.  Once my license was working, I figured it out.

Highlighted
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

The original design was for the SP601, which we then ported to the LX16. We should have modified the name, but unfortunately didn't. Sorry for the confusion! We hope your design goes well.

Bryan