Regular Visitor
Accepted Solution

I get a CFI Query error when trying to program the parallel FLASH in EDK

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Setting PC with Program Start Address 0x00000000* Performing CFI Query on the flash part(s)...* * ERROR: In-system programmer reported an error: Unable to successfully query target part layout using CFI!* Flashwriter terminating !Flash Programming failed.

I've attached the mhs file i'm using for the project.

Avnet Employee (Super Contributor)

Re: I get a CFI Query error when trying to program the parallel FLASH in EDK

I have seen this in systems where the fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_RPN_pin pin is not connected in the MicroBlaze system, but that doesn't appear to be the case in the MHS file you provided.  Where is this pin constrained in the UCF file?  It is also possible that fixing the xps_mch Flash parameters as described in your post to the "xbd file for the Spartan 6 LX75T kit" thread will be the fix for this.

--Tom

--
Tom Curran
Regular Visitor

Yeah, I tried the "updated" mhs parameters given for the xps_mch_emc core. But, they didn't change a thing. I thought, as you suggested, that these may be the culpret. No such luck. So, still at a total loss why I get that flash writer error. Has anyone at Avnet successfully programmed the parallel FLASH on this board to make sure it's even hooked up ok?

You asked where the RPN pin was placed. Here are the relevant FLASH ucf constraints

Net fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_CEN_pin LOC=AA3  | IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33; # bar CE

Net fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_WEN_pin LOC=V6  |  IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33; # bar WE

Net fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_OEN_pin LOC=AA1  |  IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33; # bar OE

Net fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_RPN_pin LOC=Y6  |  IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33; # bar RST

Net fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_BYTEN_pin LOC=N9  |  IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS33; # byte mode select - high is 16-bit mode

Regular Visitor

I figured out the problem. EDK reversed the bit order on me when I made the ports external for some reason. I reversed the address and data bit order and now I can program the part.