Regular Visitor

What to do without paying a license ?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

i just bought a Microboard and i realise that i can do nothing without getting a license from Xilinx ( not the one include in the product) ?

I just try J840_AvtS6LX9MicroBoard_SW201_LwIP_Apps_13_1_01 (because it doesn't say EDK require) but xsdk ask me for a SDK Xilinx license (It's my fault ! it seems i download a bad license the first time).

The only license i've got is the one from the voucher code right ? what does it allow in standalone ? What could i do with the board (and the voucher license) without anymore license ?

Regards,

Loux

PS : it should be mention somewhere when we bought the product that we will need to buy a EDK at 500$ with it (i don't talk about the 30 day free license) !

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: What to do without paying a license ?

If you want to create or modify MicroBlaze Hardware Platforms, then you will need a full license for EDK. The licenses included in the kit allow you to do full HDL development, ChipScope Debug, and Software Development Kit work on MicroBlaze. We have also included several pre-built hardware platforms that you can use and import immediately into SDK without having the full EDK/XPS license.

Bryan

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

my fault ! my big fault !

the first time i use the voucher coupon to get the license, it didn't get me the right one (i don't know why). So i just re try it and now i can play with the tutorial. (Btw i'm edit the first post)

Regards,

Loux

I am interested in use of the LX9 Microboard for exploring DSP applications, using the resources available in the 16 DSP18x18 multiply-accumulator blocks of the DSP48A1 slices on-chip.  I am wondering if the ISE Embedded Edition license is a sufficient tool to deal with the DSP48A1 slices -or- if rather it is intended only to support the microblaze functionality(?)

Highlighted
Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

You certainly can instantiate and use the DSP48A1 blocks with ISE WebPACK and up. If you want to target the DSP blocks using Matlab, then that requires a System Edition license.

See more here: http://www.xilinx.com/products/design-tools/ise-design-suite.html

Bryan