Visitor

Broken builds for both reference designs

I am trying to build the reference designs, the FFT accelerator and the inter-communications projects.  In both cases the compilation fails because the "upp_md.h" header cannot be found.  I am using the CCS v4 version that came with the board, and updated the tools via the upgrade wizard. As best I can tell, the upp_md.h should be part of CCS.  Reinstalling CCS hasn't helped.  Has anyone else experienced this?

Avnet Employee (Star Contributor)

Re: Broken builds for both reference designs

The Getting Started Guide describes how to install the software tools.

Here is an excerpt:

Installing the UPP Driver

The UPP driver is not part of the Code Composer Studio V4 installation process.  This must be installed separately.

The UPP driver can be downloaded from the following TI wiki page:

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Introduction_to_uPP

Although the UPP driver is now part of the DSP/BIOS PSP, I have not verified if it is backward compatible with the one that was installed manually.

I would recommend manually installing the UPP driver that was used to create these projects:

Media:UPP_BIOS_Driver_Install_v10.zip

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Mario.

Visitor

Re: Broken builds for both reference designs

Thank you for the confirmation.  I had tried downloading that earlier, but always had a corrupted zip file, so I skipped it.  It turns out my firewall was detecting that file as containing a virus.  I'm working with the vendor to fix that issue, but I was able to disable that and download the file, which installed.  Then I just had to modify the default paths to find it in the PJT, and was able to compile the design.