Kintex7DSPKitPlugin installation problem/failure

Just installed Xilinx System Edition 14.3 from the Avnet DSP kit box. Followed the installation instructions found in "Using Xilinx System generator for DSP with Simulink and HDL Coder Tutorial v1_0.pdf". When I run the command 

>> xlInstallKintex7DSPKitPlugin('kintex_7_dsp_kit_plugin_14_3.zip'); I get the following error: 

Error using xlInstallPlugin (line 22)
Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Xilinx\14.3\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\bin\nt64\xlgetpath.mexw64': A dynamic link
library (DLL) initialization routine failed.

Error in xlInstallKintex7DSPKitPlugin (line 22)
xlInstallPlugin(plugin_zipfile);

What do I do now? I using MATALB 2012b on a 64 bit system. I followed the instructions exactly. 

Re: Kintex7DSPKitPlugin installation problem/failure

I'm having the same issue.  Have you found a solution, yet?

Thanks

Switched to a linux machine and installed the Kintex 7 DSP kit plugin without a problem. It generates and compiles fine on this OS. Still working with Avnet to try to find out why the Windows installation won't work.

Visitor

I am having the same problem, still there is no solution to this?

Visitor

The error is because you have not installed Microsoft SDK (Software Development Kit). If you did you probably installed it after the Xilinx ISE suite was installed. Here's what you have to do:

1) Uninstall Xilinx ISE suite. This will take you about 1.5 hrs.

2) Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3138 and download SDK for Windows (note... this link is for Windows 7. Find the right SDK tools).

3) Install SDK

4)Install ISE suite using the CD or download.

5) Open "System Generator Matlab Configurator" . All Programs>Xilinx Design Tools>ISE Design Suite 14.3>System Generator>"System Generator Matlab Configurator"

6)Select Matlab Version and click on "Apply". Status should show 'Configured'. Close configurator.

7)Download Plugin software from Matlab at https://www.mathworks.com/programs/downloads/examples-for-kintex-7-dsp-development-kit-conf.html?con.... It will ask you to sign in and answer a few questions before letting you download the .zip file

8)Extract your .zip file to a known location on your drive. It will extract a folder named "MathWorks_Xilinx_Webinar_Files"

9)Open Matlab

10) on your command prompt change the directory by typing >>CD <your known drive>\MathWorks_Xilinx_Webinar_Files\kintex_7_dsp_kit_plugin

11)run the following command on the command prompt

>>xlInstallKintex7DSPKitPlugin('kintex_7_dsp_kit_plugin_14_3.zip');

It will give you a warning... ignore it.

12)Close Matlab, the go to All Programs>Xilinx Design Tools>ISE Design Suite 14.3>System Generator>System Generator and open Matlab via the system generator

Enjoy!!!

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I tried all the steps described by newuser_newuser, but I still get:

>> xlInstallKintex7DSPKitPlugin('kintex_7_dsp_kit_plugin_14_3.zip');

Error using xlInstallPlugin (line 22)
Invalid MEX-file 'C:\Xilinx\14.3\ISE_DS\ISE\sysgen\bin\nt64\xlgetpath.mexw64': A dynamic link library
(DLL) initialization routine failed.

Error in xlInstallKintex7DSPKitPlugin (line 22)
xlInstallPlugin(plugin_zipfile);

My Matlab v. 2014a, is that the problem?

Highlighted

I never got an answer from Avnet (or anyone else) that solved my problem. The Microsoft SDK installation was not the problem. I eventually just used the Linux installation to complete the project. Good luck!